Pages

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

This is it

Today is the day I pick up my soldier. 

I don't think it's hit me yet. I didn't sleep at all last night, my eyes never shut once. I've got butterflies and I'm nervous but I don't think I will understand the finality of the deployment ending until he puts his arms around me. I'm sitting on my couch in my place. It's clean, groceries are in the fridge, my hair is having a good day and I think I'm finally ready. All I have left to do it put on my heels and head out the door. 

In just a few hours, I'll be in the parking lot waiting for the buses that will bring my love to me. 

It's been a long year, one at times I didn't know if I would make it through. Deployments are hard and there are way too many nights where you have to swallow your pride and your own feelings and be supportive of their career. 

I promised I would unplug for a few days once he came home, so this is me signing off to soak up the best day of my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment