Pages

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Swallowing pride

One thing I didn't expect was jealousy. He has never made me feel jealous in any way, ever. But tonight, I had to bite my tongue and swallow my pride. 

He's been in the states (not here) doing his debriefing and reintegration process with his unit. Since it's the weekend and they are waiting on a few things, they had some free time. He and some of the guys have taken advantage of that time and gone bowling, to the movies, and to dinner, two nights in a row. A part of me is so happy that he can do those things now, but the majority of me is so upset that I wasn't the one with him when he did them. I really didn't expect them to have free time and I honestly feel stupid for being jealous. It's not like he WANTS to be there and doing those things without me, he just is. 

One thing I have learned throughout this shitty deployment is, it's never about me. I don't get to have a say about anything, and that is the hardest part. I wouldn't want him to be bored, just sitting around waiting, but I'm actually really upset that he did those things without me. I know it sounds stupid, but a year long deployment without him has made me really sensitive to this stuff, apparently. 

Ugh I'm so over this. I just wish it would end already so I can have my emotions back to normal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment