Pages

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

3 Month Check-In

It's crazy to take a step back and realize its been three months since he came home. The deployment felt like it would never end and I couldn't imagine what my life would be like when he came home.

The first month was blissful. I took every single second to soak up him in my presence. I took 3 days off of work and it was wonderful. We bought a puppy and in the 30 days leave he trained him so well.  It really gave him something to focus on.

I kept saying that I couldn't believe we weren't fighting at all, or having trouble transitioning into our new roles. It seemed so effortless.

In the midst of all the dust settling from his homecoming, he bought a house. I was so nervous at how I would feel getting rid of my apartment (my space, my oasis, my milestone) to move in with him in his house. The process leading up to it was rather stress free, except for a few meltdowns on my end.

We have been in the house for 3 weeks now and it is no longer effortless. Its hard, its stressful, its a lot of questions and trying to communicate when we don't want too. I think we finally hit the transition stage. He had something to focus on when he got home (dog, house, etc) that now that we are in the house, he is stressing.

Im not sure what to do. Im trying to be as supportive as I can, but a girl has needs too. We need to be loved, and hugged, and to feel needed and important. I just want to be a priority. I want to be his focus, for once. I put my needs on the back burner his entire deployment and let him do what he needed to do. When he got home, I tried to be supportive as his friends, the house, and the dog became a priority.

This military life is difficult. Hugs to everyone else in this boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment